Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Wish Upon a Wedding

Life works in mysterious ways. I've lived a blessed life so far. Like everyone else, I've had my fair share of life's challenges. I have my health and a wonderful husband. And no matter how bad things seem to get it always has a way of working itself out. Every New Year I make a resolution to give more of my time to charity.  Every year I get caught up in my own life and the year comes to an end. So on 12.31.09 I made another New Year's resolution that 2010 was the year was going to be a different year.

Then I got a call to be on The Carolina's Board of Directors for "Wish Upon a Wedding". As the World’s first nonprofit wedding wish granting organization, Wish Upon a Wedding provides weddings at destinations across the United States for individuals facing life-threatening illness, regardless of sexual orientation. It is a chance for couples to enjoy a very special day, without any thoughts of existing health issues, while surrounded by their closest family and friends.

I’m truly touched and honored to be part of this organization.  -Linda 

No comments:

Post a Comment